We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is committed to give a “Hand Up, Not a Hand Out” by furnishing dependable transportation, temporary housing and home repairs to members of the military, Veterans and their families.
Who We Are and What We Do
Up By Their Bootstraps believes that men and women who have served, or are currently serving our country, should be treated with respect and dignity. We believe that each and every military family deserves the security of a home, employment opportunities, and reliable transportation to reach a healthy lifestyle. Up By Their Bootstraps is dedicated to helping those who have selflessly given to protect our nation. It is our duty and our honor to assist our Veterans and their families. We can do this, but we can’t do it alone. We can only accomplish our mission through donations of money, housing materials, and opportunities that provide our servicemen and women the chance to make a difference in their community.
We assist in a variety of ways to ensure a smooth adjustment for the families of the deployed, and an easier transition to civilian life once our soldiers have returned. Up By Their Bootstraps strives to ensure the families of our servicemen and women have the support they need while their loved one is deployed. Our programs include donations of household materials, assistance with utilities, employment search outreach, and help with business networking. Once our heroes return home, we provide assistance and opportunities to foster themselves and better their communities. Up By Their Bootstraps will unequivocally help any Veteran that is homeless.
Our Vision is to provide needed opportunities in a dignified and honorable manner, and support to both our military personnel and their families whether they are currently deployed or have recently returned.
Up By Their Bootstraps works to ensure the families of our servicemen and women have the support they need to keep their homes and employment. Our programs include car and household materials donations, assistance with utilities, employment search assistance and help with business networking. Once they return or leave the service, we provide them with opportunities to earn a living; to better themselves; their communities, State and Country.
Up By Their Bootstraps will unequivocally help any veteran that is homeless. We will let the world know what they have done for our nation.
- Up By their Bootstraps strives to exhibit professionalism, quality, and commitment to the Veteran and their families
- Up By Their Bootstraps is dedicated in developing a trusted working relationship with individuals and organizations who work toward helping our Veterans and their families
- Up By Their Bootstraps is continuously searching for resources to our programs and services that directly benefit our Veterans and their families
- Up By Their Bootstraps will develop an employment program called “Enlisting in Success”, directed toward serving the Veteran population with the greatest need
- Up By Their Bootstraps supports all Veteran-based businesses and will strive to promote these businesses within the local communities
- Up By Their Bootstraps will provide assistance to local families of deployed servicemen and women
- Up By Their Bootstraps will maintain the highest ratings within the Better Business Bureau and all Charity accreditation groups
- Up By Their Bootstraps is committed to honoring all of servicemen and women, and making the world aware of the heroes that they are
IN THE NEWS
UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS has been featured in several news stories... enjoy these:
OUR FOUNDER’S “CALL TO DUTY”
UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS was founded by Jay and Frances Humphrey in 2013 to fulfill his lifetime dream of expanding his work with veterans in need.
Jay Humphrey and Frances, his wife of 51 years, grew up in Fayetteville, NC near the Fort Bragg Army Post. In the 1950’s, the Humphrey family regularly served Sunday meals to the soldiers.
From 1983 on, Jay and Frances continue the deep rooted passion of the Humphrey family by serving the military and their families in greater ways. Through the heartfelt support of family, friends and dedicated volunteers, this passion has evolved to become a dedicated “call to duty” providing urgent assistance and emergency support at times of crisis.
Today, they are realizing their dreams and great desire to assist military families by building UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS into a prominent non-profit organization.